Re: how to install postgresql on windows without admin privileges - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Ibrahim Shaame
Subject Re: how to install postgresql on windows without admin privileges
Date
List pgsql-novice
Thanks
Ibrahim

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:07 PM, Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> wrote:
Ibrahim Shaame wrote on 26.08.2009 17:38:

Hello,
   I usually use postgresql on Linux. /At/ my work I use Window$ and don't have admin priviledges, but would like to install postgresql so that I can play with it when I have some time. Is there a way to do so?

If you don't need it as a service the it's pretty simply:
download the ZIP archive binaries from
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgbindownload.do

unzip the archive and then run initdb from the commandline to create the database cluster. To start the server, simply run "pg_ctl -D \Path\To\Datadir start"

Regards
Thomas