Re: SQL File in encrypted form - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Jasen Betts
Subject Re: SQL File in encrypted form
Date
List pgsql-sql
On 2009-06-19, Jyoti Seth <jyotiseth2001@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a multipart message in MIME format.
>
> ------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C9F0F8.92EE3490
>
> Hi All,
>

> I want to send the sql script file to a client but wants to hide the details
> in it. Can I send the sql script file in encrypted form which they can
> execute but can't view the details.

only by building it into an encrypted executable.
be sure to use SSL on the database connection.

or possibly you could write a backend extension (stored procedure
writtern in C, Java, or other compiled language) that does
decrypting and execution in a single step and use that.

what sort of things are you trying to hide?