Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?
Date
List pgsql-general
Gilles, 20.05.2009 09:32:
> Is the Windows port on par with the *nix version, and with those other
> alternatives? Apart from the fact that, unlike MySQL, PostgreSQL doesn't
> require buying a license when developping commercial applications, are
> there technical reasons why I should choose PostgreSQL instead of MySQL
> or Firebird?

The documentation for Postgres is far better than the one for Firebird. Due to licensing issues, the Firebird project
cannotpublish a full set of documentation that covers all versions. They have to rebuild the docs from scratch which is
happeningvery slowly. So when looking for specific feature you need to search several documentation sets which I find
veryunpleasant.

I also have the impression that there is a lot more momentum to the Postgres project than to Firebird.

Thomas