[Windows] Feedback on PG? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gilles
Subject [Windows] Feedback on PG?
Date
Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?  (Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net>)
Re: [Windows] Feedback on PG?  (Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail@webthatworks.it>)
List pgsql-general
Hello

    I'm looking for an open-source DBMS that runs on Linux and Windows.
In order to make an informed choice, I would like some feedback on
the Windows port of PostgreSQL, as compared to MySQL and Firebird (if
you know of yet other solutions, I'm also interested.)

Is the Windows port on par with the *nix version, and with those
other alternatives? Apart from the fact that, unlike MySQL,
PostgreSQL doesn't require buying a license when developping
commercial applications, are there technical reasons why I should
choose PostgreSQL instead of MySQL or Firebird?

Thank you for any feedback.