Re: Possible to prevent transaction abort? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Kellerer
Subject Re: Possible to prevent transaction abort?
Date
List pgsql-general
Adam B wrote on 02.05.2009 00:48:
> Strange indeed.  Perhaps there's some background stuff happening that
> messes with the results (auto VACUUM?).
>
> In my mind, however, it makes sense that it would take longer: 2 extra
> operations against the server (save&release).

Typical case of "problem sits between keyboard and chair".

My import program had an additional parameter which was needed to enable the
savepoint. If that is set, the results are comparable to your test program (and
reproducable). So my fast results were not using savepoints.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thomas