Recovering / undoing transactions? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ivan Voras
Subject Recovering / undoing transactions?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

About a month or so ago I read a blog entry or an article which seems to
have described a method, using dirty hackery with pg_resetxlog and
possibly other tools, to forcibly "undo" the database to a previous
state. The problem described was that some employee had executed a
"DELETE" or "UPDATE" without "WHERE" or something like it in autocommit
mode and the goal was to undo it.

I can't find the article now so can someone describe the technique here
or point to the article?

(I'm possibly misremembering important details about the article so the
correct answer to my question could be "no, it can't be done").