Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rainer Bauer
Subject Re: Npsql is much faster than ODBC ?
Date
List pgsql-general
Greg Smith wrote:

>On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Rainer Bauer wrote:
>
>> The way I read this section is that linking to a GPL ODBC driver would imply
>> that I have to release my program under a GPL  (compatible) licence.
>
>What you actually link against is the ODBC implementation for your
>platform.  If you're on something UNIX-ish, you're probably linking
>against unixODBC, which is available under the LGPL presumably to avoid
>this issue.

My program runs under MS Windows only. Which means the Microsoft ODBC "driver
manager" is closed source.

I have found the original announcement from CommandPrompt and it seems that
this topic  was already discussed before:
<http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-odbc/2005-04/msg00084.php>

Rainer