Re: Postgresql to Delphi - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arthur Hoogervorst
Subject Re: Postgresql to Delphi
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi:

There are a couple of solutions to solve this problem and some of them
will depend on how frequent you expect these changes to happen.

I generally stay clear from server-specific notifications: In the
larger projects I have seen and maintained, we used background
processes to do this kind of stuff: shell scripts calling external
applications on regular intervals. For smaller projects, I would just
do this (in a timely fashion) internally in my 'user'/client
application.

As for Delphi: Tony is too much of a fan of this particular language
:-) [no offense meant, since I've been working for years in Delphi
too]

Regards,

Arthur