Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Laurent Duperval
Subject Re: 8.2.3: Server crashes on Windows using Eclipse/Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

Sorry for top-posting but since I am answering questions that don't all
appear in this message:

- I installed the default download of Postgres. I didn't compile myself,
so it's probably the mingw version

- Max_connections is set to 500. I did that originally because I kept
seeing a message about no connection available and I thought it was
because I was not allocating enough connections. My machine has 2GB of RAM.

- How do I determine what DLL is failing and what is causing it to fail in
its initialization routine?

Thanks,

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 16:02:32 -0700, Trevor Talbot wrote:

> FYI, this exit code means a DLL's initialization routine indicated
> failure during process startup.
>
>> > If I run each test case separately, I don't see this issue. But when I run
>> > them as a whole (i.e. run all tests defined in my application) I get the
>> > same error every time.
>>
>> Maybe Eclipse is trying to run more of them at a time than ant, and the
>> extra concurrency is killing the server for some reason.
>
> Sounds likely.

Prenez la parole en public en étant         Speak to an audience while being
moins nerveux et plus convaincant!         less nervous and more convincing!
Éveillez l'orateur en vous!                    Bring out the speaker in you!

Information: laurent@duperval.com   http://www.duperval.com   (514) 902-0186