Re: performance issue in remove_from_unowned_list() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: performance issue in remove_from_unowned_list()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On 3/6/19 7:52 PM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2019-Feb-08, Tomas Vondra wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if we should just get rid of all such optimizations, and
>> make the unowned list doubly-linked (WIP patch attached, needs fixing
>> the comments etc.).
>
> +1 for that approach.
>
> Did you consider using a dlist?

I'm not sure. I might have considered it, but decided to go with a
simpler / less invasive fix demonstrating the effect. And maybe make it
more acceptable for backpatch, if we want that. Which we probably don't,
so I agree dlist might be a better choice.

cheers