Re: performance issue in remove_from_unowned_list() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: performance issue in remove_from_unowned_list()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 1:53 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 2019-Feb-08, Tomas Vondra wrote:
> > I'm wondering if we should just get rid of all such optimizations, and
> > make the unowned list doubly-linked (WIP patch attached, needs fixing
> > the comments etc.).
>
> +1 for that approach.

+1 for me, too.

> Did you consider using a dlist?

Maybe that is worthwhile, but this is a smaller change, which I think
should count for quite a bit.  Nothing keeps somebody from doing the
dlist change as a separate patch, if desired.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company