Re: Database reverse engineering - Mailing list pgsql-general

From vladimir konrad
Subject Re: Database reverse engineering
Date
List pgsql-general
> I am trying to use postgresql-autodoc. The autodoc  finds all the Perl
> modules and compiles but when I go to /usr/local/bin and run
> postgresql_autodoc like this

I had a good luck with schema-spy (done in java)...

http://schemaspy.sourceforge.net/

Vlad

ps: the command I use is (all on one line):
java -jar ~/app/schemaspy/schemaSpy_3.1.1.jar -t
pgsql -cp /usr/share/java/postgresql-8.2-506.jdbc3.jar -host localhost -db
database_name -s public -u database_user -o doc/db

-cp     - the location of postgresql jdbc driver
-o      - output directory

The database_user does not need password for localhost connection to
postgresql on my system...