Re: How do i setup Postgre to use Norwegian sorting rules? - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Nis Jørgensen
Subject Re: How do i setup Postgre to use Norwegian sorting rules?
Date
List pgsql-novice
Sten Daniel Soersdal skrev:

> I've tried different settings of --locale= and --lc_collate=
> But i just can't seem to get norwegian letters to be sorted correctly.
> I've tried googling and manual reading but have had little luck in
> finding it.

So, what values did you try for --locale, and what was the output of initdb?

My guess is that initdb could not find the locale you asked for, and
fell back to the default for your box.

On my Debian system, I had to add

    no_NO UTF-8

to /etc/locale.gen and then run

    /usr/sbin/locale-gen

before running

    initdb --lc_collate=no_NO

Not sure how portable this is to other Linux distros, or other Unices.

Nis