Re: DB Performance Tuning - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Guido Neitzer
Subject Re: DB Performance Tuning
Date
List pgsql-admin
HI.

Can you try (just for testing) using a jdbc2 driver and a connection
string with "protocolVersion=2" included in the jdbc connection?

I had the same issue with this and the problem is, that the query
optimizer sometimes decides NOT to use indexes on prepared statements
(the newer JDBC drivers create use them) and bound variables.

I have a solution now for WebObjects but this might not help you.

cug

--
PostgreSQL Bootcamp, Big Nerd Ranch Europe, Nov 2006
http://www.bignerdranch.com/news/2006-08-21.shtml