Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: PostgreSQL in Windows console and Ctrl-C
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* From: Noah Misch [mailto:noah@leadboat.com]

> I liked the proposal here; was there a problem with it?
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-
> id/CA+TgmoZ3aKE4EnCTmQmZSyKC_0pjL_u4C_x47GE48uY1upBNxg@mail.gmail.com

You're referring to the suggestion of accepting and ignoring the option on
non-Windows, right? I can do that, I just don't see the point as long as
pg_ctl has a separate code path (well, #ifdef) for Windows anyway.

> The pg_upgrade test suite and the $(prove_check)-based test suites rely on
> their pg_ctl-started postmasters receiving any console ^C.  pg_ctl
> deserves a --foreground or --no-background option for callers that prefer
> the current behavior.  That, or those tests need a new way to launch the
> postmaster.

Ah. More good news. Just to confirm, this is only about the tests, right,
not the code they are testing?

If so, is there even a way to run either on Windows? The pg_upgrade test
suite is a shell script, and prove_check is defined in Makefile.global and
definitely not applicable to Windows.

--
Christian