Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction
Date
List pgsql-general
> On 24.08.2007 02:43, Bill Moran wrote:
>> Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de> wrote:
>>> It's broken because persistent connections get randomly garbage
>>> collected where they should not. So broken in the sense of bugged.
>>> Expect connections to die for no reason, especially under load.
>>
>> It's funny that you should mention that, since I haven't seen that
>> behaviour in 18 months of load testing over a dozen servers.

Please reply to the list as well.

How did you verify that? It will spawn a new connection silently, if the
old got dropped. Did you really verify your logs, that you don't get
more new connections than Apache spawns workers? This might not be
noticeable for you, if you are running Apache. In a FCGI environment
where you have a fixed amount of workers, you notice new connections, as
there should not be any.

--
Regards,
Hannes Dorbath