Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Hannes Dorbath
Subject Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction
Date
Re: Apache + PHP + Postgres Interaction  (Hannes Dorbath <light@theendofthetunnel.de>)
List pgsql-general
Bill Moran wrote:
> I guess I just feel that "broken" is a bit of a harsh term.  If
> your expectations are for full-blown connection management from
> pconnect(), then you will be disappointed.  If you take it for
> what it is: persistent connections, then those limitations would
> be expected.

It's broken because persistent connections get randomly garbage
collected where they should not. So broken in the sense of bugged.
Expect connections to die for no reason, especially under load.

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath