Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Renaming of pg_xlog and pg_clog
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 8/26/16 12:28 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Also, I'd just as soon not move/rename things
> that don't really need it.

I'm just as happy with not changing anything.  But if we're going to
rename stuff, let's at least think about something slightly more
comprehensive.  Any rename is going to break a bunch of stuff.  But if
we break it in a way that reduces the need for future discussion or
changes, it would at least be a small win in the long run.

> If, for example, we decide to move
> postgresql.conf to etc/postgresql.conf, that is going to break a metric
> ton of stuff that doesn't need to get broken AFAICS.

Sure, I'd be content with leaving those in the top-level instead of say
"etc".