AW: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Dischner, Anton
Subject AW: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi,

the main drawback in my eyes ist he concept of the OS.

In Unix/Linux you can use really great files and pipe the data from/into processes optional by changing stuff on the
fly(sed).

Even GB and TB are no problem. Done this many times. (AIX, SGI, SUSE, DEBIAN etc)

I often see that Windows user chunk their data into smaller peaces because of main memory limited tools.

regards,

Anton