Re: Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Converting to identity columns with domains on PK columns
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/5/19 1:01 PM, PegoraroF10 wrote:
> Adrian, on Firebird if you create a table or procedure with fields or params
> declared with domains, they can be used with those domains or with their
> base type. On Postgres I32 is not equal to integer.
>
> create procedure myproc(id i32) returns(x i32) as ...
>
> select * from myproc(cast(5 as integer)) -- works on firebird. On Postgres
> it doesn´t because that procedure or function expects for a I32 and not a
> integer.

Tom beat me to the example. Still the point is that I think you are
going to find that there is not that much difference between Firebird
and Postgres on this point.

To get back to the original case, is there a specific reason you want a
IDENTITY column on the id field?

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com