Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim Nasby
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Need a builtin way to run all tests faster manner
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 3/10/17 14:53, Jim Nasby wrote:
>> The biggest win we'd get from something like Travis would be if the
>> commitfest monitored for new patch files coming in for monitored threads
>> and it created a new branch, applied the patches, and if they applied
>> without error commit the branch and push to let Travis do it's thing. We
>> wouldn't want that running in the main git repo, but it should be fine
>> in a fork that's dedicated to that purpose.
>
> This has been discussed several times before, e.g.,
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/54DD2413.8030201@gmx.net

Maybe instead of having the commitfest app try and divine patches from
the list it should be able to send patches to the list from a specified
git repo/branch. Anyone that provides that info would have tests run
automagically, patches sent, etc. Anyone who doesn't can just keep using
the old process.
--
Jim Nasby, Chief Data Architect, OpenSCG
http://OpenSCG.com