Re: [HACKERS] kqueue - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matteo Beccati
Subject Re: [HACKERS] kqueue
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 21/01/2020 02:06, Thomas Munro wrote:
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKGJAC4Oqao%3DqforhNey20J8CiG2R%3DoBPqvfR0vOJrFysGw%40mail.gmail.com

I had a NetBSD 8.0 VM lying around and I gave the patch a spin on latest
master.

With the kqueue patch, a pgbench -c basically hangs the whole postgres
instance. Not sure if it's a kernel issue, HyperVM issue o what, but
when it hangs, I can't even kill -9 the postgres processes or get the VM
to properly shutdown. The same doesn't happen, of course, with vanilla
postgres.

If the patch gets merged, I'd say it's safer not to enable it on NetBSD
and eventually leave it up to the pkgsrc team.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/