Re: check_strxfrm_bug() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jeff Davis
Subject Re: check_strxfrm_bug()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2023-04-20 at 13:34 +1200, Thomas Munro wrote:
> I could write a patch to remove the libc strxfrm support, but since
> Jeff recently wrote new code in 16 to abstract that stuff, he might
> prefer to look at it?

+1 to removing it.

As far as how it's removed, we could directly check:

  if (!collate_c && !(locale && locale->provider == COLLPROVIDER_ICU))
    abbreviate = false;

as it was before, or we could still try to hide it as a detail behind a
function. I don't have a strong opinion there, though I thought it
might be good for varlena.c to not know those internal details.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis