Re: Columns in views - Mailing list pgsql-general

From chinhw@hotmail.com (chin)
Subject Re: Columns in views
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi all,
 I am not able to find any system tables in postgresql that is holding
the column defintion of a view. I found a workaround.

Using ADO, I query that view. Example "select * from some_view limit
0". This effectively return a empty record set. Using the fields
object in the returned recordset I would able to retrieve the name,
datatype, size of field of the column.

hope this would be useful to someone out there.

regards,
Chin