Re: Developer TODO List as a PostgreSQL DB - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lukas Kahwe Smith
Subject Re: Developer TODO List as a PostgreSQL DB
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Chad Wagner wrote:
>>
>>     There is some point in putting it in a wiki where we can gather
>>     relevant
>>     documents, links to discussions etc. That's why the developers'
>>     wiki was
>>     established, AIUI.
>>

>> To be honest, it may be adequate to maintain this solely through the
>> Wiki.  The only thing I see lacking is specifically who is handling
>> tasks, and what release it is planned for.  Perhaps, I am just looking
>> in the wrong place?
>>

> There's a good reason this information is missing: it doesn't exist.
> Please, like I said, have a look at recent discussions.
>
> Maybe we need some extra FAQs, like:
>
> . Why do you still use CVS instead of <insert favorite SCM system here>?
> . Why don't you use bug tracking software?
> . Where do I find out when <insert desired feature here> will be in a
> release?

yeah .. would be a good idea .. with some links to key posts in the
archive .. would be much less work than replying all the time .. and
would also make it easier for new comers to not burn their fingers at
rehashing things needlessly ..

regards,
Lukas