Performance-Problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From elwood@agouros.de (Konstantinos Agouros)
Subject Performance-Problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I had the following problem: I have a table with around 5Mio entries.
I joined this table with a table with about 50 entries. Doing a insert into
another_table <my select-statement>. I am sure the select-statement might be
optimized but after 6 days of running I had to reboot the machine for other
reasons. The Machine is a 2CPU E250 Sun Sparc running 7.0.3.
Anybody has an idea (besides SQL-Tuning) how to get faster? Maybe take a look
at 7.1, since this is not a production database yet.
The SQL-Statement (yes I know I should post this, too, but I don't have access
to the script right now) was called from a perlscript using DBI/DBD and I have
set -F in the PGOPTIONS-parameter as well as AutoCommit to 0.

Konstantin
--
Dipl-Inf. Konstantin Agouros aka Elwood Blues. Internet: elwood@agouros.de
Otkerstr. 28, 81547 Muenchen, Germany. Tel +49 89 69370185