Re: Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Problem in using PostgreSQL ODBC driver with VBA
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On 11/04/2016 04:56 AM, Vincenzo Turturro wrote:
> Il 03/11/2016 16:56, Adrian Klaver ha scritto:
>>>>>

>> This was mentioned where in the original post?
>
> I'm sorry: it was "included" in the "I already searched the Internet for
> a solution and I found some" sentence ...
>
>>> But it didn't work ... and the error continue to raise.
>>
>> What is raising?:
>>
>> ERROR: Operator does not exist boolean = integer

So the above is coming from Postgres:

test[5432]=# select false = 1;
ERROR:  operator does not exist: boolean = integer

whereas:

test[5432]=# select false = '1';
  ?column?
----------

> Yes
>
>> Why not do?:
>>
>> If SW_UE = True
>
> Because it raises the same error ...
> In Access VBA, True is a constant that is equivalent to -1.

I know I have an install that uses Access and Postgres and it works. I
remember dealing with this issue when I started out. Right now I cannot
remember exactly what I did to get it to work. I will be at that
location later this morning and I will check the ODBC settings and
report back.

In the meantime can you grab the actual return value of SW_UE?

>>> Best regards

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com