Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christian Ullrich
Subject Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date
List pgsql-hackers

<https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/ea671596-9e8d-4e80-bb1f-8c9bfb1738dc/2012-and-2015-solutions?forum=vcgeneral>

>> and notice that in both cases the Solution file format is version 12.00.
>
> Try as I may, I cannot get my VS 2015 to write a version 14 .sln file.
> It's always "12.00". If I change it to 14 by hand, it still opens and
> appears to work fine.
>
> I tried to find a real-world version 14 solution to see if I can spot a
> difference between it and the version 12 files, but there appears to be
> very little out there, and what there is, looks like it was either
> autogenerated or edited manually. Examples:

OK, so searching on GitHub yielded a few more results, but I could not
identify a single one that was clearly not created or edited by anything
other than Visual Studio itself.

--
Christian