Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: VS 2015 support in src/tools/msvc
Date
List pgsql-hackers

<https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/ea671596-9e8d-4e80-bb1f-8c9bfb1738dc/2012-and-2015-solutions?forum=vcgeneral>

>>> and notice that in both cases the Solution file format is version 12.00.
>>
>> Try as I may, I cannot get my VS 2015 to write a version 14 .sln file.
>> It's always "12.00". If I change it to 14 by hand, it still opens and
>> appears to work fine.
>>
>> I tried to find a real-world version 14 solution to see if I can spot a
>> difference between it and the version 12 files, but there appears to be
>> very little out there, and what there is, looks like it was either
>> autogenerated or edited manually. Examples:
>
> OK, so searching on GitHub yielded a few more results, but I could not
> identify a single one that was clearly not created or edited by anything
> other than Visual Studio itself.

I did some checking too, and yes it seems having version 12 .sln is fine
or maybe even desirable. We mainly need to make sure that the tools
version is 14 and platform toolset is v140 for MSVC15.

--   Petr Jelinek                  http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training &
Services