Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [BUGS] BUG #14244: wrong suffix for pg_size_pretty()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 7/30/16 1:18 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> We talked about this issue, when I wrote function pg_size_bytes. It is
> hard to fix these functions after years of usage. The new set of
> functions can be better
>
> pg_iso_size_pretty();
> pg_iso_size_bytes();

One thing that would actually be nice for other reasons as well is a
version of pg_size_pretty() that lets you specify the output unit, say,
as a second argument.  Because sometimes you want to compare two tables
or something, and tells you one is 3GB and the other is 783MB, which
doesn't really help.  If I tell it to use 'MB' as the output unit, I
could get comparable output.