Make a 100_bugs.pl test more faster. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Anton A. Melnikov
Subject Make a 100_bugs.pl test more faster.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello!

The previous discussion was here:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/b570c367-ba38-95f3-f62d-5f59b9808226%40inbox.ru

>On 15.11.2022 04:59, Tom Lane wrote:
>> "Anton A. Melnikov" <aamelnikov@inbox.ru> writes:
>>
>> Additionally
>> i've tried to reduce overall number of nodes previously
>> used in this test in a similar way.
>
> Optimizing existing tests isn't an answer to that.  We could
> install those optimizations without adding a new test case.

Here is a separate patch for the node usage optimization mentioned above.
It decreases the CPU usage during 100_bugs.pl by about 30%.

There are also some experimental data: 100_bugs-CPU-usage.txt

Would be glad for any comments and concerns.

With best regards,

--
Anton A. Melnikov
The Russian Postgres Company