Re: GUI client - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Tyler Veinot
Subject Re: GUI client
Date
List pgsql-novice
Plus one for libreoffice base. It takes some tinkering but I managed to build a small psql 9.5 Interface with many to many relations and lookup tables. I did find more help and documentation with OpenOffice but stuck with base because anything OpenOffice develops can be ported to base but not the other way around, has to do with the licensing.
Good luck
Tyler

Sent from my Bell Sony device over Canada’s largest network.

---- ALT SHN wrote ----

Dear all,

I am looking for a GUI client for our PostgreSQL database. This database was designed to support the inventory of paleontological collections, and is full of fk, codelists, enumerations and triggers to ensure data consistency.

Now the problem is to have our staff entering data as they go through the inventory effort.

Therefore I am looking for a nice GUI client that spares the users from learning SQL and that provides a nice interface for entering data. This means for example having a system that allows to pick values from an enumeration or from the table whose PK is acting as FK in the table currently being edited.

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards,

Andre

Sociedade de História Natural