Re: GUI client - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Smith
Subject Re: GUI client
Date
List pgsql-novice
Andre,
My organization chose to develop a front-end in Microsoft Access, using
forms, for general users to update PostgreSQL tables. The connections
between the Access forms and PostgreSQL are made using the generic ODBC
driver from the PostgreSQL site.

If open source software options are preferred, I would assume Base,
from OpenOffice, can be used to do the same thing as it is intended to
be an Access alternative. That said, we have not tried to do the same
thing with Base so I cannot say for sure.

- Mike

>>> On 8/9/2016 at 1:05 PM, ALT SHN <i.geografica@alt-shn.org> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am looking for a GUI client for our PostgreSQL database. This
database
> was designed to support the inventory of paleontological collections,
and
> is full of fk, codelists, enumerations and triggers to ensure data
> consistency.
>
> Now the problem is to have our staff entering data as they go through
the
> inventory effort.
>
> Therefore I am looking for a nice GUI client that spares the users
from
> learning SQL and that provides a nice interface for entering data.
This

<https://www.facebook.com/SociedadeDeHistoriaNatural?ref=hl>