pid_t on mingw - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject pid_t on mingw
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wanted to propose the attached patch to get rid of the custom pgpid_t
typedef in pg_ctl.  Since we liberally use pid_t elsewhere, this seemed
plausible.

However, this patch fails the CompilerWarnings job on Cirrus, because
apparently under mingw, pid_t is "volatile long long int", so all the
printf placeholders mismatch.  However, we print pid_t as %d in a lot of
other places, so I'm confused why this fails here.

Also, googling around a bit about this, it seems that mingw might have
changed the pid_t from long long int to int some time ago.  Maybe that's
how the pgpid_t came about to begin with.  The Cirrus job uses a
cross-compilation environment.  I wonder how up to date that is compared
to say the native mingw installations used on the build farm.

Any clues?
Attachment