Re: Fix some newly modified tab-complete changes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Smith
Subject Re: Fix some newly modified tab-complete changes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 12:50 PM shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com
<shiy.fnst@fujitsu.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 28, 2022 1:49 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > At Wed, 28 Sep 2022 14:14:01 +1000, Peter Smith
> > <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote in
> > >
> > > 2. tab complete for GRANT
> > >
> > > test_pub=# grant <tab>
> > > ALL                        EXECUTE
> > > pg_execute_server_program  pg_read_server_files       postgres
> > >           TRIGGER
> > > ALTER SYSTEM               GRANT                      pg_monitor
> > >           pg_signal_backend          REFERENCES
> > > TRUNCATE
> > > CONNECT                    INSERT                     pg_read_all_data
> > >           pg_stat_scan_tables        SELECT                     UPDATE
> > > CREATE                     pg_checkpoint
> > > pg_read_all_settings       pg_write_all_data          SET
> > >           USAGE
> > > DELETE                     pg_database_owner
> > > pg_read_all_stats          pg_write_server_files      TEMPORARY
> > >
> > > 2a.
> > > grant "GRANT" ??
> >
> > Yeah, for the mement I thought that might a kind of admin option but
> > there's no such a privilege. REVOKE gets the same suggestion.
> >

> Maybe that's for "REVOKE GRANT OPTION FOR". But it is used by both GRANT and
> REVOKE. I think it's a separate problem, I have tried to fix it in the attached
> 0002 patch.

I checked your v2-0002 patch and AFAICT it does fix properly the
previously reported GRANT/REVOKE problem.

~

But, while testing I noticed another different quirk

It seems that neither the GRANT nor the REVOKE auto-complete
recognises the optional PRIVILEGE keyword

e.g. GRANT ALL <tab> --> ON  (but not PRIVILEGE)
e.g. GRANT ALL PRIV<tab> --> ???

e.g. REVOKE ALL <tab> --> ON (but not PRIVILEGE)..
e.g. REVOKE ALL PRIV<tab> --> ???

------
Kind Regards,
Peter Smith.