Re: Dumping/restoring fails on inherited generated column - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: Dumping/restoring fails on inherited generated column
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2020-08-27 13:30, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
> This issue is not fixed yet. I've attached the updated version patch
> and registered it to commit fest so as not to forget. Please review
> it.

A few fixes have been committed in this thread, basically to prevent
situations that shouldn't have been allowed.

What's left is the originally reported issue that some parts of the
regression test database are dumped incorrectly.  The two proposed
patches in their most recent versions are

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/107447/v3-0001-pg_dump-Fix-dumping-of-inherited-generated-column.patch

(message
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/b1c831dd-d520-5e7f-0304-0eeed39c9996%402ndquadrant.com)

and

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/113487/fix_gcolumn_dump_v2.patch
(message
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2Bfd4k6pLzrZDQsdsxcS06AwGRf1DgwOw84sFq9oXNw%2B83nB1g%40mail.gmail.com)

Both of these result in the same change to the dump output.  Both of
them have essentially the same idea.  The first one adds the
conditionals during the information gathering phase of pg_dump, the
second one adds the conditionals during the output phase.

Any further thoughts?