Re: Dumping/restoring fails on inherited generated column - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Masahiko Sawada
Subject Re: Dumping/restoring fails on inherited generated column
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 4:23 AM Peter Eisentraut

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/107447/v3-0001-pg_dump-Fix-dumping-of-inherited-generated-column.patch
> (message
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/b1c831dd-d520-5e7f-0304-0eeed39c9996%402ndquadrant.com)
>
> and
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/attachment/113487/fix_gcolumn_dump_v2.patch
> (message
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2Bfd4k6pLzrZDQsdsxcS06AwGRf1DgwOw84sFq9oXNw%2B83nB1g%40mail.gmail.com)
>
> Both of these result in the same change to the dump output.  Both of
> them have essentially the same idea.  The first one adds the
> conditionals during the information gathering phase of pg_dump, the
> second one adds the conditionals during the output phase.
>
> Any further thoughts?

I think the first one is better than the second (mine) because it can
save the number of intermediate objects.

Regards,

--
Masahiko Sawada
EnterpriseDB:  https://www.enterprisedb.com/