Re: Shared library conflicts - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From William ZHANG
Subject Re: Shared library conflicts
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Thomas Hallgren" <thomas@tada.se>

> Another related question. What happens when I use --without-zlib? Does it
> have any effect on besides disabling compression for the dump/restore
> utilities? Is there anyway to make it affect the backend only?

--without-zlib will affected LIBS and HAVE_LIBZ defined in configure.
I searched HAVE_LIBZ in the source code, and find only pg_dump use it.
I think we can change LIBS to not include "-lz" in configure, and add "-lz"
for pg_dump in its Makefile.

With regards,
William ZHANG