Re: [BUGS] plpython bug - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Euler Taveira
Subject Re: [BUGS] plpython bug
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 05-02-2017 18:51, joel.traf@magwerks.com wrote:
> found an interesting bug that causes a complete crash and resetting of
> all connections to PG 9.5.0 compiled Visual C++ 1800, 64 bit
> log states  server process (PID 2720) was terminated by exception
> 0XC0000005
> failed process was running: select upsert_items2(false)
> Hint: see C include file ntstatus.h for a description of hexadecimal
> value  (this error is a memory access error)
> log: Terminating any other active server processes

You are using an obsolete version (with a lot of known bugs). Since you
don't provide a test case, test postgres 9.5.5 (I suspect it was already
fixed in commit ec91ee8f00af9c3960cdc3dd1ecb9e3bb7cfee86 [1] although I
can be wrong). If it crashed in 9.5.5, provide a test case and/or a
stack trace [2].

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=ec91ee8f00af9c3960cdc3dd1ecb9e3bb7cfee86
[2]