Re: [BUGS] Parser failed to return an error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From rob stone
Subject Re: [BUGS] Parser failed to return an error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Jeff,
On Fri, 2017-02-03 at 13:10 -0800, Jeff Janes wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 11:14 AM, David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@
> gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thursday, February 2, 2017, rob stone <floriparob@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> Also, that is indicated by the change in prompt from => to '>
> (assuming you are using the default prompts).
>
> That would seem to be bug in JDBC, though.  Rob, can you provide a
> full example code?
> What is "EQ"?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jeff

"EQ" is a program called ExecuteQuery. You can download the deb package
from www.executequery.org.
I use it all the time. It is written in Java.

I was testing a fairly verbose query and finding my typo took ages.
Usually running a statement using EQ and there is an error, it gives
you the character position, so you can quickly find your mistake and
try again.

Instead of reproducing the entire query I posted just the part causing
the problem. It appears Tatsuo Ishii has investigated further and
illustrated better as to what happens when the to_char mask lacks the
ending single quotation mark.

Cheers,
Rob