Are we still interested in the master-slave scan patch - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Qingqing Zhou
Subject Are we still interested in the master-slave scan patch
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I may have some free time recently to work on the master-slave scan idea.
I've been able to support AS-IS both SeqScan and IndexScan. Are we still
interested in getting it into 8.2?

There are still some problems I am not quite sure the solution. One is the
Xid assignment -- we need this to assure that master and slaves see the same
snapshot. The other is the connection pool architecture: shall we let
postmaster manage the slaves or let another process say slave-master to
handle them? Currently I am choosing the latter.

Regards,
Qingqing