emu buildfarm failure - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject emu buildfarm failure
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Buildfarm member emu is failing in some branches with

checking libintl.h usability... yes
checking libintl.h presence... no
configure: WARNING: libintl.h: accepted by the compiler, rejected by the preprocessor!
configure: WARNING: libintl.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
checking for libintl.h... no
configure: error: header file <libintl.h> is required for NLS

I think this is probably because of
     'config_env' => {                      'CFLAGS' => '-I/usr/local/include',                      'CC' => 'gcc',
                'LDFLAGS' => '-L/usr/local/lib/ -lcrypto -liconv'                     },

The config.log trace suggests that libintl.h is installed in
/usr/local/include, because the "working" tests succeed when they have
"-I/usr/local/include" while the "failing" tests don't have that.

-I switches should logically go in CPPFLAGS not CFLAGS.  I'm not sure
this explains emu's failure to build 7.4 and 8.0, because I don't know
why 8.1 and HEAD wouldn't fail the same way ... but it looks wrong
anyway.