Re: Query issue/8.0.1/Serendipity - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Michael Glaesemann
Subject Re: Query issue/8.0.1/Serendipity
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Mar 8, 2005, at 21:28, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> On Tuesday 08 March 2005 06:21 am, Michael Glaesemann wrote:
>> Larry,
>>
>> Restating your SQL in a more reader-friendly form:
> [snip]
>>
> This is from an error page (and machine generated to boot :) )

Regardless if it's machine-generated or not, I'd still reformat it so I
could read it more easily, and definitely before sending it to a
mailing list to ask for advice. But that's me.

>> I can see you're using a lot of left joins. You are beginning your
>> left
>> joins off of ec, so I believe neither e nor c can be referenced as
>> join
>> conditions. It might work if you reorder the first part of the FROM
>> clause as the following:
>>
>> FROM serendipity_category c
>>      , serendipity_entrycat ec
>>      , serendipity_entries e
>> LEFT OUTER JOIN serendipity_entryproperties ep_cache_extended

So, did this work?

Michael Glaesemann
grzm myrealbox com