Btrieve to SQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adam Alkins
Subject Btrieve to SQL
Date
Re: Btrieve to SQL  (nelsonsoft@hotmail.com)
List pgsql-general
Hey,

Been looking around to do this for a while, haven't gotten concrete
information. I'm interested in taking data from Peachtree Accounting
2003 (Which is stored Btrieve DAT files) and importing them into a
Postgres SQL database. I have looked around on the net about this, but
haven't gotten any concrete methods on doing this. Figured with
Pervasive's involvement in PostgreSQL, might have some luck on this
list.

Peachtree also stores the DDL (Dictionary) files for the Btrieve
database in the directory. I'm not sure what version of Btrieve the
files are. Does anyone have any experience in doing this? I read
somewhere about Pervasive's SDK for their DB server which can convert
Btrieve files to SQL (or something like that), but looking through the
SDK and documentation, haven't found any real information. This is
just an experimental project, so any commercial solutions to do this
really doesn't apply.

Regards,

--
Adam Alkins