Re: [HACKERS] vcregress support for single TAP tests - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: [HACKERS] vcregress support for single TAP tests
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> On 4/23/17 17:09, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>> Here's a patch that will allow calling vcregress.pl to run a single TAP
>> test set. It would work like this:
>>

>>     vcregress.pl src/test/recover true
>>

>> The second argument if true (in the perl sense, of course) would trigger
>> a temp install before running the tests. It defaults to off, in an
>> attempt to minimize the unnecessary running of installs.
> Seems kind of weird to have that functionality only for the tap tests,
> though.

Yeah, you're right, I think we'd be much better mimicking what the
makefiles do and honouring the NO_TEMP_INSTALL environment variable.
Revised patch that works that way attached.

So to run an arbitrary TAP test set, you would do (for example)

    vcregress.pl taptest src/test/recover

cheers

andrew