Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Kreen
Subject Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core
Date
Re: [rfc,patch] PL/Proxy in core  (Steve Singer <ssinger_pg@sympatico.ca>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/15/08, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 May 2008 13:29, Marko Kreen wrote:
>  > - SGML documentation.
>  > - Makefile review.
>  > - Integrate regression tests into main test framework.
>
> Has PL/proxy been tested on other OSes?  FreeBSD/Solaris/Windows?

It definitely works on Linux and MacOS.  I've seen ports for *BSD.
I think any unix-like OS-es should work fine.

In fact, only syscalls it does on its own are gettimeofday() and poll()
[or select()], otherwise it calls either core or libpq functions.
So I see no reason why it shouldnt already work on Windows.

The biggest portability problem thus far has been scanner.l, which at
the beginning was written for flex 2.5.33+, but 2.5.4 is still pretty
widespread.  But this I fixed in 2.0.3.

Hmm.. Now that I think about it, in my effort to remove malloc() calls
in both scanner and parser I told bison to use alloca().  Is it portability
concern?  Easy to fix, just need to be careful not to create memleaks.

--
marko