Re: RES: Trouble with regexp_matches - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: RES: Trouble with regexp_matches
Date
List pgsql-general
On 11/05/2016 11:56 AM, Edson Richter wrote:
> [...]
is,in your turn, a alternative to "from" syntax) - not for the select clause.
> But now that you mention it, and re-reading all the information, I can understand the implications.
>
> Nevertheless, would be nice to put a huge warning at the "String functions" page about this behavior...

Well the above page is pointed to in the string functions section:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.4/static/functions-string.html

"regexp_matches(string text, pattern text [, flags text])
setof text[]     Return all captured substrings resulting from matching a
POSIX regular expression against the string. See Section 9.7.3 for more
information."

Where 'Section 9.7.3' is a link to it. Not sure if that counts as a
warning though:)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com