Re: A way to optimize sql about the last temporary-related row - Mailing list pgsql-general

From agharta82@gmail.com
Subject Re: A way to optimize sql about the last temporary-related row
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

Thanks for you reply.

About syntax you're right, but I couldn't think of anything better :(((  I'm here for that too, to solve the problem in a fancy way, with your great support.

In practice, I need to get back a dataset with the last association (the most datatime recent record) for all the distinct entries of integer_field_2 based on filter:  integer_field_1 = 1

As said in another reply, the query needs to be performant even if data is not in cache (systemctl stop postgresql-16 && sync && echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches  &&  systemctl start postgresql-16).

Many thanks for your support.

Agharta