Re: What is the meaning of pg_restore output? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: What is the meaning of pg_restore output?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/08/2018 01:49 AM, Alexandru Lazarev wrote:
> Hi PG community,
> I have questions about pg_restore output.
>
> At some point of time in pg_restore output was such phrase
> "*/pg_restore: setting owner and privileges for <RELATION_NAME>/*", then
> it disappeared, it seems, when upgraded from PG 9.6.2 to 9.6.6
> Other phrases "pg_restore: processing /*item */3615 DEFAULT id
> pg_restore: creating DEFAULT "public.id <http://public.id>"
> are observed if pg_restore is executed with flag -j N (where N > 1)
> and aren't present when -j 1 (or without -j)
>
> So main questions are:
> 1. What is the meaning of this phrases?
> 2. Are they documented somewhere?
> 3. Is it possible that output change from version to version?

I do not see any change in the release notes:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/release.html

I would look at what at client_min_messages (enum) in:
https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/runtime-config-logging.html

It would also helpful to see the complete pg_dump and pg_restore
commands you are working with.