What is the meaning of pg_restore output? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexandru Lazarev
Subject What is the meaning of pg_restore output?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi PG community,
I have questions about pg_restore output.

At some point of time in pg_restore output was such phrase "pg_restore: setting owner and privileges for <RELATION_NAME>", then it disappeared, it seems, when upgraded from PG 9.6.2 to 9.6.6
Other phrases "pg_restore: processing item 3615 DEFAULT id
pg_restore: creating DEFAULT "public.id"
are observed if pg_restore is executed with flag -j N (where N > 1)
and aren't present when -j 1 (or without -j)

So main questions are:
1. What is the meaning of this phrases?
2. Are they documented somewhere?
3. Is it possible that output change from version to version?

Why I am asking?
I saw a script which does pg_restore and grep some of this phrases as SUCCESS indicator that pg_restore passed OK (+ something like grep -iv "error").
script doesn't use pg_restore exit code because, as I understood from the authors, in the past were situations that pg_restore returned 0 code but didn't restore of db.

Any answers, hints are welcome :).
Thanks